Monday, May 9, 2011

Busy...and blessed.

This last week I headed to Nashville on Wednesday to spend time with Rylee for her birthday and Mother's Day. Corey was on the schedule through the weekend so he stayed in MS and Carter came to TN with me. We spent a lot of time with family. My mother and I hung out, did some yard saling and went to breakfast yesterday. I spent 4 days alone with my babies and it was great. I did miss my husband but I can't lie..having the bed all to myself was mighty nice lol haha We attended the air show yesterday and it was amazing outside...hot even. I got a little sunburnt...sporting a fabulous farmers tan. It looks like I am wear a white dress. Regardless, I had a great week. Really busy but lot of fun. I am so blessed. This week made me love being a mommy even more than I already did. I love them both so much..my little princess and my little man. :) Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I live for them. When we got home last night I was greeted by a husband who genuinely had missed me. He gave me about a 10 minute hug (like 3 actually) and a bunch of smooches. I shared with him everything I experienced this week and gave him the "hogwash" I bought him from the Sam Davis Home. He had just arrived at the house about 20 minutes before me. He went to Corinth to grab a bite to eat and brought me back a sandwich. Good thing too because I was starving. He's a great husband and I am so blessed to have him. Our relationship gets stronger and our love grows every day. This past week was the first time we have been apart since we got married. Of course I talked to him about 3 times a day while I was gone but I still missed him. On the way home I stopped at the gas station in Summertown,TN to get gas and a few snacks. The man on the other side of the pump was putting gas in his truck when I heard him start ranting and raving about the price of gas. "I swear if Gas goes up any damn more.." "I just put 10 damn dollars in my truck and only got 2 gallons." He might have been under the influence a bit ...I'm not sure but it was kind of amusing to hear him not only because of his southern hillbilly accent but also because I totally agree with him. It cost me $71.27 to fill up the other day. Holy smokes! I remember when I could fill my car up for $30...and I thought that was rediculous then. Supposedly, the news claims that gas will go down $.50 by the end of summer. We will see. If it does, that still leaves it at $3.50 but hey I'll take it over $4.00 any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment