Friday, August 26, 2011
Randomness
This time of evening is my most vulnerable time of the day (9:54 p.m. to be exact). It's the time when I am alone, my husband is gone to work, and Carter is fast asleep in his bed. I have time to think..too much time I believe..and it's when I can think the clearest. In fact, it probably the time of day that I have written most of my blogs here. I have kept to myself a bit here lately. There's been a lot going on and I'll admit I am a bit overwhelmed. Ok so I lied...I'm very overwhelmed. For starters, I had court Monday. It went well (although not as well as I wanted). That whole situation gives me the greatest anxiety and the most stress in my life. Every time I turn around someone wants to argue about something, or step on my toes, or flat out ignore me at times which really makes me irritable. The part that drives me the most batty is people getting away with it all..never having to face punishment for their actions. It just kind of seems like when life gets you down, you get kicked harder. Ok so that's enough negativity for one blog. Next, I have been trying hard to get back into school. It hasn't been easy and in fact I have faced difficulty in every step I have taken. I think I might put that on hold for a while to pursue something else seeing as how the financial aid department hasn't even processed my grant yet and school starts next week. Really not sure what the hold up is but I'm just going to take it as a sign and call it a day. So I am back in Mississippi tonight and I'll be here for a week. I love visiting my husband, but man I sure do miss home. I feel a million miles away. I talked to my father on the phone while I was driving down here today. He started talking about God, and living for Him, and other religious things. Those of you that know my dad know how shocking this is. His heart has changed and it's great. For a long time I wasn't so sure if he'd ever turn his life around. I wasn't even sure that he would make it into Heaven when it was his time to go. After our conversation today, I have no doubt. He was talking about relying on God and trusting in Him. He was reassuring me where I needed to be reassured. He really surprised me. It makes my heart very happy. For years I prayed that I would see this day. I seriously doubted it was possible. Well God sure showed me :) Right now as I'm typing, my kitty finds the need to continuously try to make his way around the side of my laptop and into the way of my typing. It's kind of annoying but he is mighty cute so I might allow him to get away with it for just a moment. Today was the first time I got to take Rylee to school. It was nice. For a brief moment I actually got to feel like I am really her mother. ...Well my mind has went blank on what else I need to say so I am going to run and finish watching my movie. Thanks for reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment