Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Don't take it for granted..

As some of you may know, I went to the doctor yesterday to have my skin checked. I have some sun spots and blood moles I wanted checked. I seriously went in there and expected her to tell me "you're good to go." As she was examining me, she came across my left shoulder where she found a spot that was "concerning." She did a double take and studied it for a minute and then continued checking out the rest. When she was done she went back and looked at that spot on my shoulder again. She told me that she didnt want to remove it right away and do a biopsy, but that I really needed to keep an eye on it. She said if it changes in any way or grows bigger to let her know immediately. I said ok and left. At first I was like ok thats not good and went about my day. The more I have had time to let it sink in, the more worried I get. I know (and pray) that chances are it probably will be nothing to worry about. I'm hoping anyway. But theres also a chance that it could be something to worry about. I'm not one of those naive people who think "yea its possible but itll never happen to me." Thats why I went for the check up in the first place. I don't want to get cancer. I don't want to do Chemo. I don't want to lose my hair. I don't want to explain why mommy is sick to my kids. It's really working my nerves and I have asked everyone to pray about it. I know for sure that I am not ready to face death anytime soon. I want to live to be atleast 100 :) Just seems like theres so many things trying to get you. I am a firm believer in taking good care of your body. As a child, I heard the sun was dangerous but I never actually understood. I didnt fully understand this until this last year but I have already been sunburnt so many times. I couldn't count all the times on both hands and feet. So BEWARE folks! You don't want skin cancer. Life is too precious to take it for granted. So don't. From now on you might spot me with a huge fancy hat on and spf 100 sunblock. I.am.determined :)

No comments:

Post a Comment