Monday, June 6, 2011

So what do you think? :)

Yesterday as I was heading south to MS I happened to look down and notice my gas light came on. This definitely suprised me considering when I got on 840 I thought I had close to 1/4 tank of gas and now I wasn't sure how far I had before I ran out. I stopped at the first exit with a gas station which happened to be at Kroger in Spring Hill off Port Royal Rd. As I'm pumping gas I felt something brush against my leg and my instinct was to brush it off thinking it was a bug or something. When I felt it again I looked down and saw what appeared to be a white butterfly. I thought to myself maybe it's a moth. As I really studied it I came to the conclusion it was no moth. It was pretty and fluttered about with grace and elegance. It was smooth...no fuzzy head. Solid white. I have never seen a white butterfly before so I decided to look it up on...of course..google :)

There are a few different kinds and they are considered rare..in our area anyway. They are more popular in Australia. I came across an article that gave a little insight to the symbolic meaning of these white butterflies. It said when a white butterfly crosses your path or enters your home, it will bring good luck and is a sign that you will have a good life. White butterflies also symbolize past spirits/souls. Some have come to believe they are signs of good luck or angels watching over you. White butterflies have many different symbolic meanings in different cultures. Some believe it is the soul of child, others believe it is a sign of death. I would like to believe the first theory :)

I am hoping this is a sign of something good ahead. Lord knows I need it. I did think when I saw the butterfly how odd it was because I had never seen one before. This could potentially be very symbolic for me. I have some very important court dates coming up that mean everything to me. Make it or break it moment. God knows and has seen the trials I have been through the past...heck 2 years. I have changed my life dramatically. I have decided I am going to be and remain fully committed to the Lord. I've had a nagging urge to share my experiences and use them to help teach other people. I would like to go to school for this sort of thing but it's very expensive so keep that in your prayers as well please. In conclusion, God has been so good to me. He has protected me from about 10 tornados already this year lol I sure hope this sighting of the white butterfly is a sign of something good ahead. Kind of makes me hopeful. Like maybe God is actually listening to my deepest desires. Would be nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment